- An introduction to Detectron - a Python library with a lot of pre-trained AI models, good at detecting many common objects and features.
- A new release of MS PowerToys is available.
- An in-depth article about decision trees - how they work, how to construct them, and the theory behind them.
- RetroArch now supports FidelityFX - so it can upscale old console games!
- A car dashboard, with Android Auto support, based on a Raspberry Pi!
- And while we're talking about cars: Intel and Qualcomm are trying to convince car manufacturers to upgrade their hardware. A lot of car chips are still based on 90 nanometer nodes from 10-15 years ago. So part of the reason why we see car chip shortages is because those old manufacturing plants have long ago been upgraded to newer technologies.
- Malware alert! Viruses have been found in Windows Subsystem for Linux!
- DotOS - seems to be a nice looking, modern and well supported ROM for Android devices.
- Perovskite strikes again! This time, perovskite crystals have been used to create insanely efficient and bright LEDs!
- Facebook introduced a generalized language AI which can train without any actual text input... what?
Science & others
- One more thing to worry about: there are toxic chemicals in our indoor air which do not degrade over time and accumulate in our internal organs. And yes they also cause diseases :/.
- We now know more about clocks and timekeeping, at the most microscopic levels.
- HST image of Herbig-Haro object 111 - just a gorgeous astro pic!
- Second and third sample collections by Perseverance Mars rover have been successful. The plan is to return some samples back to Earth (eventually).
- On the possibility of "unparticles" - carriers of energy which are not clearly defined in confined space.
- AI can predict Alzheimer's disease with 99% accuracy based on an MRI scan.
- Scientists have discovered signs of a supernova caused by a black hole falling into a star and eating it from inside!
- A nice article about Konstantin Rokossovsky. An important figure during the Second World War, but often downplayed or forgotten nowadays.
- Ultra Diffuse Galaxies - a long standing mystery - have been finally explained in a way which fits our understanding of the universe.
- A deep dive into Mars Sample Return mission - outlining all the stages and sub-missions, their current state etc.
- And to lighten the day, a quick summary about the UFO attitude in general.