What is Run It Once Poker?
It is a desktop online poker application with a variety of functions. Great emphasis was placed on appealing colors, numerous animations, and the comfort of using the application - the user can easily manipulate the layout of the game tables, which is quite important for advanced players.
At present, it is possible to play two types of poker - Holdem and Omaha.
When we undertook this project in June 2019, we faced several significant challenges:
- Unstable implementation of individual application modules.
- Low performance of client application.
- The application's reliance on Qt Widgets adversely affects animation and development speed.
- Poor server performance.
- Low quality of source code.
- Demand for new functionality.
Pedro Gomez talked a little more about Milo Solutions' involvement in the Run It Once project. - They help with some of the core C ++, or the key programming of our application itself. We have a streaming platform and we needed an admin tool to manage our streamers. That tool has two functionalities: the UI functionality and an internal tool that allows us to run reports and keep track of the account side of things. This online editing tool was specifically done in Django.
- We pass off specs and our designs and once those were fulfilled and functioning as intended, that gave us our desired result. The feedback on the tool itself has been positive, which it was important to us that we make a useful tool that wouldn’t burden any of our users. From our administration side of it, the tool has definitely saved a lot of hours because we were doing things more manually before - Gomez admits.
Milo and project management
- The communication was stellar and is something that I give a ton of kudos to Milo Solutions. They were very responsive and the timelines went as expected. Additionally, they were on standby to take on additional work as needed," praises Gomez. He also describes his little concerns during the implementation. - At one time, I thought maybe one of the developers was going a little bit slower, so they quickly brought on another resource to rectify that. It’s created a really good relationship with our companies.
You can read the entire feedback on our collaboration at Clutch.